A Practical Guide to Effective Non Medical Prescribing In Cardiology
This important national conference provides essential updates for current and aspiring non-medical prescribers in cardiology and cardiovascular care.
Through national updates and practical case studies you will hear from expert speakers on how to develop and maintain prescribing competence and how to develop effectiveness in post qualification practice.
The conference will include extended sessions focusing on developing your skills in non-medical prescribing practice as well as case study sessions from specialist speakers in the areas of non medical prescribing in the management of arrhythmias, non medical prescribing for heart failure, non medical prescribing within a rapid access chest pain clinic and non medical prescribing in a cardiac prevention and rehabilitation programme.
The day will conclude with a session on medicines optimisation and medicines adherence within the healthcare pathway of patients with cardiovascular disease
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are current or aspiring non medical prescribers
- Update your knowledge on national developments in non medical prescribing including the Royal Pharmaceutical Society’s Single competency framework for all prescribers which is being proposed by he NMC as the new standard of proficiency for nurse and midwife prescribing practice
- Maintain prescribing competence for revalidation and the NMC Code
- Explore how non medical prescribing can improve practice and patient care
- Develop your skills, confidence and competence as a non medical prescriber in Cardiology
- Assure competence in non medical prescribing in the management of arrhythmias, Heart Failure, rapid access chest pain clinic and cardiac prevention and the rehabilitation programme
- Ensure medicines optimisation and adherence within the healthcare pathway of patients with cardiovascular disease
- Gain cpd accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence